I began with this image, taken early Saturday evening. It had potential, so I ran with it.
At the Ready-Original
After cropping, desaturating, contrasting and adding lighting effects, I turned it into sepia tone:
At the Ready-Sepia Tone
Still I wasn’t ‘charmed’, so I began to experiment with some subtle scratch brushes I had downloaded:
At the Ready-Scratchy
This reminded me of ‘the olden days’ in the darkroom, trying to print from a poorly store-processed film with roller scratches and water blobs from improper drying technique.
One click later, I felt I WAS back in the darkroom, as I viewed what would have been considered ‘trash’! No amount of re-washing or scratch-coat could have repaired poor processing, and working digitally is much more fun–no ugly chemicals!
At the Ready- Scratchy Negative